Tuesday, March 15, 2011

It Matters.

This is one of my favorite quotes,
"I am only one but still I am one. I cannot do everything but still I can do something. And because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something I can do." Edward Everett Hale

It can be so easy to get caught up in the thoughts of whether or not the impact one can make is even worth the effort. It can become discouraging to consider the enormity of a need such as the crisis that continues to unfold in Japan and what I, one person can do to help. Getting caught up in such thoughts would be devastating on two levels. I would indeed fail to aid my suffering friends with whatever measure and resources I have available, and I would miss out on the blessing and opportunity of doing so. I refuse! I refuse to give in to such thoughts and will do my something. As simple as it may seem. And, I am grateful for and inspired by all the others out there doing the same. All of these individual efforts will come together at some point and provide for our hurting friends around the globe. After all, that is the goal.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...