Wednesday, March 9, 2011

***Love Without Boundaries Art Auction Submission***

Yea, so I'm all about being efficient. You know the type, multi-tasking, kill two birds with one stone...though I would NEVER harm an animal!....just sayin'! I like to get the biggest bang for my buck, no matter what the circumstance. This springy creation is an example of just that! Doesn't it just beckon sunshine and warm breezes??? Don't you immediately want to sing about a kite??? Ok, ok...anyway.... Remember that post I shared a few days ago about the upcoming Love Without Boundaries Art Auction? You know the one where I was tempting you to participate with me? Yea, that one! Well, it kind of started bringing some things together for me. :)
It all started with this little skirt. It's one of those items I had bookmarked many moons ago saying to myself that I would indeed sew it one day. Well, one thing led to another and I stumbled across it. I was already in the mood to just sew something for the fun of it, and so it began! THEN, I realized Moda, the maker of this lovely fabric line called "Birdie" just so happened to have a little contest going on that involved sewing with a Charm Pack, which this little skirt is made using.
Well, I was having sooo much fun with the little skirt...that is, all but the waistband...I shared a few (ahem!) choice words with that little waistband that my non-abstract sewing brain just couldn't wrap around at first. Nonetheless, it has now been conquered! 
With the skirt done and charm squares still laying on my table I found another tutorial for this little Activity Bag, modified it to accommodate the remaining squares...and seem a bit more like a "purse", and another creation was born!
  

I was kind of on a roll now, and well, a skirt and a bag just don't work by themselves. So then came the t-shirt. This was fun! The sky was the limit literally! The skirt tute above had a little owl "T", but this being a spring set, we needed something a little more...springy. Thus the kite with little swarming dragonflies and tiny bow embellishments on the sleeve cuffs.

To top it all off, a headband that I again modified to make just perfect to complete this set!

OH MY GOODNESS!!!! This was so crazy fun to watch come together! And all turned out so crazy cute!!! I love this fabric!!!! As I crowded all my family into my sewing room to admire it, my husband asked "What are you going to do with it?" since it obviously didn't fit anyone in our home....well, anyone who he would allow wear it! (our girls are bigger) ;) So then, it was decided that this would be the perfect contribution to the Love Without Boundaries Art Auction next month and would add one more level to this majorly, multi-tasking ensemble!

So here's the run down...
  • Fulfilled the need to "Sew for Fun!"
  • Allowed me to use not just 1 but 3 FREE tutorials I had been wanting to try...love me some free sewing tutorials!
  • Entered the Moda sewing contest
  • Provided a donation for Love Without Boundaries
 DEEEEEEELIGHTFUL!!!!

And there is still PLENTY of time to get your art auction entry submitted! They are due by April 1st. Just sayin'! ;)

5 comments:

Pam @Threading My Way said...

What a simply darling set, Kristy!!! Love the way you've combined the fabric and that bow...just makes it so pretty and dressy!!!

Heather Green said...

Gorgeous!! What beautiful colors and pieces!!

Anonymous said...

Amazing outfit, are you kidding me?!?! Okay, I'm joining this time, I'm doing a different "charity" each month of 2012 and this is it for March, so excited! I'm off to learn more. Hugs ~ Mary

Pam @Threading My Way said...

Hi Kristy, I've featured your Spring Charm Skirt today...
http://threadingmyway.blogspot.com/2012/02/threading-your-way-features_25.html

Lindsay said...

I love the skirt and all the accesories that go along with it! Great job!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...