Thursday, August 25, 2011

Embroidered Treasures for Children

I lucked across this true Treasure of a book at my local used bookstore and just had to share.
 The cover images alone had me convinced! 

Look at these darling shoes....

And with my own lil' pirate in the home, I knew this little friend was a must to create as well.
There's a whole collection of his hooligan, piratey finger puppet friends to go along with him too. :)

And for the girls...
I thought this little purse was just darling!

And these vintage inspired cuties...
I didn't even see them until I got to the car and was thumbing through, and I think they may be my favorite project of all. 

There are loads of other stitching delights too, including plushies and embroidery designs from fairies and flowers to sailboats and sharks, something sure to please each of the littles in my home. Aside from all this loveliness, the book retails for $19.95 and I got it for $1.50!!! I know! I was thrilled!!!! And it's in like new condition. Can't beat it!

Hand-stitching was my first love of needle and thread, but something I haven't done much of recently. Perhaps this little treasure of a book will change that!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...