Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Serged Cloth Pads

If you have a serger, I wanted to share another free pad pattern. This is a super quick and easy pattern from JayeJaye.

I had never used this pattern, and my serger strongly protests PUL, but I still had 21 pads made in one evening of sewing. Point being, it really is quick & easy!
 Print the PDF pattern linked above and cut out. Directions are printed right on the pattern, as seen below.
 The first step is to cut your 8x8 square layers from absorbent fabric, I used cotton flannel. Then, serge around the edges of your 8x8 square layers which will serve as the tri-fold pad.
 
 Then, you'll sew one side of of the 8x8 tri-fold to the top layer(s) of the pad. Stitch line is again marked on the pattern print out. 
 I used PUL scraps I had on hand from other projects to provide a waterproof bottom layer, but you can also use fleece, wool or even additional layers of flannel or other cotton fabrics.
 I still need to add snaps to wings of the pads, but I'm very pleased with the turn out. You could also sew small pieces of velcro as an alternate closure. (wish my serger would have cooperated for prettier stitching, but they are certainly functional!)

NOTE: One advantage to this tri-fold style of cloth pad is easier, more thorough washing and faster drying. Considering that many of our recipients will not have the convenience of washers & dryers like most of us, this style may be a more practical and appealing option.
At this rate, I may have to raise that target goal of 250 pads though! ;)
I'll try another pad pattern soon and share the results of it as well.
Hope you're having a great week of sewing too!

 Don't forget to check out the Fat Quarter Shop Giveaway we have going on this week too!!!

14 comments:

TEXAUS MOMMA said...

Is your trifold soaker 2 layers of flannel? do you know how many layers of normal flannel is sufficient? I have some where Killington? flannel was used, (4 layers), but don't know the comparison to regular flannel??? Sorry for all the questions LOL

Kristy said...

No problem at all, I'm so glad you asked! I used 2 layers of regular cotton flannel (joanns) in the trifold and 2 layers for the top wing layers. This would make 8 layers of flannel absorbency when the 8x8 is tri folded..then 1 layer of PUL on the bottom.

Killington is a much nicer/thicker flannel, so I'd think 2 layers of it for the tri-fold and 2 for the top would be sufficient as well.

Please let me know if you have any other questions too, I'm happy to help! :)

WritePaperForMe said...

A very good article. Thanks to the author. It is very important to support and help students. If you need help writing an essay, come to my site https://writepaperfor.me/pay-for-essays .

HomeWorkFor.me said...

I am a writer and write essays and research articles, if interested, visit my
Website .

PaperCoachNet said...

Thank you for the links, it's very interesting. I will definitely come to the site. papercoach coupons

Monnika Jacob said...

I am thankful to you for providing this pattern. This is absolutely new thing for me. I'm currently working on source code, but maybe I'll work on that pattern later. Best Dissertation Writing Services

Unknown said...

Hi there! I love this tutorial and I would like to start making our own.... I have 4 girls and so this would be way better for their health as well as our finances!!
I am finding that the link for the pattern isn’t working.... would you mind reposting? Or emailing me the PDF? My email is nicoledgreen@protonmail.com
Thanks so much!!

Ariel Wilson said...

These pads look great. I remember I used to make similar DIY crafts but then due to a load of academic tasks, I had to quit this hobby. And talking about academic tasks, I just realized that I have to do my dissertation and I hardly have enough time. I am saving this post – in case I decide to return to this hobby, I should have some sort of inspiration and guidance.

MichelAnthony said...

Love your content. site blogs & articles are written very well. Your topics are really interesting But for the writing services you can visit online assignment assistance Get online assignment help website cheap From Best assignment Helper.

EnglishJackets said...

This is a jacket made from 100% pure leather. It is known as paneled biker leather. The jacket consists of a side zipper closure. Stylish accessories are available with this jacket so they give a unique touch to the jacket.
K A Bomber Letterman Wool Jacket
Sans Francisco Dons Letterman Wool Jacket

Sophia said...

Hey, I am sophia william provide homework help at The Student Helpline. I read your blog and find it interesting and very informative. Keep sharing posts like this. I also write blogs you can read and it will definitely be helpful for you.
Blog: Language Features

Pay for Assignments said...

let’s admit that without the assistance of professional dissertation help, the goal of writing a vivid and unique dissertation to achieve the desired grades is nearly impossible. No wonders hundreds of Ph.D. students approach payForAssignments.co.uk every week and ask to “do my dissertation

Barbara Nimmo said...

I appreciate your insightful tips and techniques for repurposing flat sheets, which not only adds a unique touch to quilts but also helps reduce waste.
https://www.aintpayingfull.com/promotions/15-off-dickssportinggoods-coupon

Ashlee Rolfson said...

I want to express my appreciation for your insightful blog post on using flat sheets as quilt backings. Let us continue to explore creative endeavors like quilting while leveraging our consumer choices to maximize savings and enhance our crafting experiences.
https://www.frugalishness.com/45000-a-year-is-how-much-an-hour/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...