Saturday, November 12, 2011

Operation Cards for Soldiers

Crafting for a Cause
 
 Have you heard about Operation Cards for Soldiers? I've shared about it on facebook, but also wanted to share here as I think it's a perfect, simple and meaningful project to get the kids involved in! We finished a fun stack of 26 cards to send and wanted to share our idea in case you'd like to try it as well. 
 
We used blank index cards and the children decorated them with drawings, stickers, paint and personal messages.
This was great even for the 4 year old and they all had a blast! Especially understanding where these cards would be going.
We then put the drawings into photo Christmas cards.
And Voila! Before you knew it we had a festive stack of cards sure to bring lots of cheer!

You can join in too!
Ladybird Ln. has all the details as this is her Crafting for a Cause this month.

And I leave you with this. Hulk. Apparently he too brings tidings of joy....at least according to my 6 year old. :)

Happy Card Making!

2 comments:

Ladybird Ln said...

THese are so sweet, I am sure they are going to bring so much joy! I think the hulk is fun too! Thank you so much for participating!

Carlee
www.ladybirdln.com

Melissa said...

What a great project! I am certain that these will brighten a soldiers day :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...