Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Aprons for the Family Chefs!

The men in my husband's family love to cook. 
And they are good at it.
It's also the way they show they care for you, so if you were to ever visit us, you'd be sure to get very well fed while here. There isn't a special occasion or celebration that doesn't include something super yummy prepared by them. It's just the way it is. (I know! Lucky girl right???!)

So, this year I decided I'd make them matching aprons for Father's Day.
I used this fabulous, precise and easy to follow tutorial at The Purl Bee, and I absolutely love these aprons!
The stripe fabric is a home dec. weight and makes for a very nice finish. I used muslin for the pocket and the strap. The pocket is divided into 3 sections, leaving one large enough to hang a hand towel. The tutorial will provide you with further details of how to make a matching towel if you'd like too!
The strap is one of the best features in my opinion. It's all one piece that threads through the sides, loops at the top for the neck and then ties around the waist. The fit is totally adjustable based on how you pull or loosen the ties. 
I added an appropriate label for each of them...
And they are all set!
 It was a very fun gift to make and give. And this is a tutorial I can certainly imagine using again.
A FAMILY sewing project for the men in my life. :)
Kristy

6 comments:

make.share.give said...

This looks like a great pattern. It could be embellished tons of ways. Thanks for the link.

Melissa said...

I am sure they will be worn for years to come at many family gatherings! I love the stripe - very manly :)

Bonnie @ Hem Me In said...

Those are great, Kristy! It's so nice to give something that's handmade and useful, especially when you know that it will be put to very good use!

Pam @Threading My Way said...

The men in my family are good at cooking, too!!! That makes us very lucky. The aprons look great and the fabric is perfect! We don't celebrate Fathers Day till September, yet we celebrate Mothers Day on the same day.

Danny Heyen said...

I like them! I like the pattern you used.

Zahra Wilson said...

Nice Post, Thanks For Sharing
BTW Hey, my name is Zahra Wilson and I am working as a marketing manager at PapaChina Company. It is one of the best China wholesale supplier. It deals in a wide range of personalized aprons at wholesale prices. If you want to buy these then visit our website and place your order.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...