Thursday, June 7, 2012

Pattern Review - Ruthie's Romper by Izzy & Ivy Designs

We are ready for summer picnics and the July 4th fireworks and parade!
Check out my Lil' Sweetie in her Stars & Stripes Ruthie Romper!!!
Ummm....yes, I AM in LOVE!!!
Cute! Cute! Cute!

This is the pattern Ruthie's Romper from Izzy & Ivy Designs.
I have always loved this sweet pattern....(I mean look at that insanely cute model!!!)...but this was my first time sewing it. It came together very easily and I just love the finished outfit!
This pattern would be a fun & easy sewing experience for a confident beginner, who has tried or is willing to try shirring. (It's easy, I promise!!!) An experienced seamstress will enjoy the simplicity the clear instructions and illustrations offer, and everyone will be pleased with the cuteness provided by the finished product!

One of my favorite recommendations in the pattern is how they show you to sew the straps on at the same time as you are shirring the top. I love this! I always dislike seeing the sloppy stitches of the straps that are added on after the shirring step, plus, this eliminates an extra step.
The pattern also shows you how to add the darling double ruffles in one step too. It offers options for both capri and full length. I chose a 3T Capri for my girl so she could wear it as full length this year and capri length next. It even includes a Doll sized pattern for 15" & 18" dolls!
Each Izzy & Ivy pattern also comes with a sew on label to add that finishing touch to your garment....and you all know how I love labels! :) 
Izzy & Ivy Designs offers the cutest, easy to follow, high-quality, boutique style sewing patterns and is one of those businesses with much more behind the scenes. These ladies have a real heart for families and children in need and show that by using their time and talents to give back.
I love that!

You can also find instructions for turning your Ruthie's Romper into the darling Bubble version seen below in the Remix section of the Izzy & Ivy blog here.
Images used with permission from Izzy & Ivy Designs
   I'm starting something new with this Pattern Review that I plan to continue with future reviews and hope this feature will make the reviews even more fun and helpful when you consider sewing. If there is something you'd like to see added to the Summary, please just give a shout!
SUMMARY
Sewing Experience Level: Confident Beginner
Size Range: 3 Months - 5T
Special Techniques: Shirring, Ruffling
Pattern Format: Paper
Materials Used: Star print is a cotton blend Plisse. Stripes, a cotton print remnant in my vintage assortments
Personal Notes: I used scraps to make the little ruffle flower and attached with a star shaped button. This was a fun way to add the stripe print to the top of the outfit, but you could also make the straps from your coordinating fabric as another option.

 Ruthie's Romper....certainly a pattern I will sew again! (and again!)
Happy Sewing,
Kristy

3 comments:

Lauren said...

LOVE THIS!! I subscribe via RSS and I usually delete the posts about kids' patterns because I don't have young children - I am saving this one! I need to make these for someone! <3

Kristy said...

I'm so glad you liked it Lauren! It's a darling pattern that is very fun to sew for sure!

Melissa said...

You're killing me! This is so stinking cute! And the model is just darling! I love the summary you added to your pattern reviews, perfect for a newbie clothes sewist like myself.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...