Thursday, September 27, 2012

Pattern Review - Square Ruffle Skirt by Elysium

What do Apple.....Autumn.....and Absolutely Adorable have in common?
This sweet skirt! Brace yourselves for an "A+" of a pattern!

This is the Square Ruffle Skirt by Elysium.

The fabric is Apple by Timeless Treasures. I've been holding onto this fabric for far too long now and am trying to get it sewn up into new Fall items for my girlies. I absolutely love how this skirt turned out in these fun prints! Being that there were so many different prints from the collection that we wanted to use, I was concerned about finding a pattern that could attractively handle all the activity, and I think this pattern does so very well. 
 I used the coordinating green swirl for the waistband and the backs of each of my squares for the hem.

This skirt offers such a fun and unique design that my daughter instantly loved! It's different from any other skirt she has. The pattern was very easy to follow and surprisingly quick to sew. A project I think any level of seamstress would enjoy. With girls in our home from ages 2-13, I especially appreciate the  size range of 2T - 12 years. My daughter wears a store bought 11/12, so I made her the size 12 and it fits great.
 The pattern comes in PDF format and the pattern pieces require only 5 pages to print. The instructions are very well written with illustrations and photographs to assist you in creating a one-of-a-kind skirt you'll be proud to say you made!
You can find the pattern in the Elysium pattern shop here.

SUMMARY
Sewing Experience Level: Beginner
Size Range: 2T - 12 years
Special Techniques: Elastic waistband.
Pattern Format: PDF
Materials Used: Cotton woven prints. Collection - Apple/Timeless Treasures
Personal Notes: A very satisfying sewing experience that provides a unique, easy to wear skirt. A skirt I can definitely see myself making again.
Photobucket

5 comments:

Sondra said...

sooooooooooo adorable!!!!!!!!!!

Sarah Leonard said...

This is a gorgeous skirt idea - I love it. I think I'd want to make it for me though :)

Sarah
http://acatlikecuriosity.blogspot.co.uk

Pam @Threading My Way said...

What a fun way to use different fabrics to dress up a skirt!!!

Melissa said...

Can't tell you how much I love this! The fabrics to the design. It also looks like something I could actually do too!

Anonymous said...

cute & unique!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...