Monday, December 10, 2012

2012 - A Look Back


I just wanted to take a moment to look back over the year and share the impact the Hopeful Threads community has had through our Monthly Projects. Truth is, this is likely only a glimpse of the true impact, but what an inspiration!!!

January 2012 - Bloomers sent to China.
We sent around 100 pairs of bloomers to the Starfish Foster Home in China!
February 2012 - Supporting Fundraisers with our sewing.
While learning of ways to support those fundraising, we also sent bundles of bibs for a Love Without Boundaries Cleft Surgery Team!
March 2012 - Plushies & Soft Toys to comfort children.
We made plush toys for children in our own communities.
April 2012 - Dresses for Dress A Girl Around the World.
We made OVER 300 dresses for Dress A Girl Around the World!
May 2012 - Care 4 Caregivers around you.
We found ways to support and encourage caregivers around us.
June 2012 - Sewing for our families.
We had a lot of fun sewing for our families!
July 2012 - Shorts for little boys in Cambodia & Ghana.
We made OVER 200 pairs of shorts for little boys, more than doubling our original goal and being able to send to TWO countries!
August 2012 - Give Hope to the foster care community.
We made gifts of HOPE for children in Foster Care in our communities.
September 2012 - Remember our deployed soldiers and their families.
With the help of Sew BitterSweet Designs, we sent piles of e-reader covers and pillowcases to our troops over seas to encourage and show our support!
October 2012 - Care for babies and mothers of SD Reservations with Sew For Kids.
Working with Sew For Kids, we helped make sure  families on a couple of SD Reservations were ready to welcome their new babies!
November 2012 - Stockings of Cheer for Children's Hospital.
We made over 150 handmade items of CHEER for Children's Hospitals around the globe!
December 2012 - Rest, Reflection & One Small Thing.
We are pausing to realize and consider the impact One Small Thing can have.
I must say, I am so incredibly honored and proud to be a part of this giving community!!!
THANK YOU!
You are a breath of fresh air, a regular encouragement and reminder to me of all things good, and I am grateful beyond ability to express it. What a difference we have made all while doing something we enjoy as much as sewing! Wow....what a Win/Win!

Always remember, EVERY STITCH MATTERS!
Photobucket

6 comments:

harleywife57/ Mickey White said...

Thank YOU for all your work and passion you put into your projects ! And letting me sew to help others !

Pieces to Love said...

What a wonderful year you have had. I can't wait to see what 2013 has in store for Hopeful thread. Blessings!

Pam @Threading My Way said...

Thank you, Kristy, for all the work and organisation that goes into co-ordinating each monthly Hopeful Threads sew along. Thanks to your motivation, I feel proud to have contributed to some of the 2012 projects. Oh, and I think I can see four pairs of yellow bloomers that I made. That's the 2nd photo this month. I also saw one of my dresses on a little girl in the Philippines. Seeing those photos just makes me more enthusiastic to do more. I am so pleased that I found you online!!! Looking forward to sewing with you in 2013.

Melissa said...

What an incredible year. You are so amazing for bringing all, of us together and being the driving force behind all if this work.

Kristy said...

:) This group is amazing! I am but one part.

Christie said...

Wow, so much in just one year! Thank you Kristy for inspiring us, through your example. I look forward to taking part again in 2013. Until then, enjoy your break, I wish you lots of laughter through the festive season xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...