Tuesday, May 6, 2014

A Bundle of Babyville FLUFF!

 What a fun and colorful basket FULL of FLUFF courtesy of Babyville Boutique!

I had to take a little break from our project sewing, but for a very good reason! I was privileged to receive an invitation to share about cloth diapers with a group of new, young mothers/expectant mothers who are currently in foster care. So, I've been concentrating on sewing a different kind of "FLUFF" in preparation! :) 

When I shared with my friends at Babyville Boutique what I would be doing, they didn't hesitate a bit to show their support by sending me supplies to sew with! I am so very grateful for their generosity....not to mention the products are not only great quality, but absolutely ADORABLE and so much fun to work with! 

All of the diapers I made were created using the Cloth Diapers Made Easy pattern book by Babyville Boutique. You can see my previous review of this design packed book HERE. (with of course many more adorable diaper pics!)
I also had the chance to try out the new Stay-Dri Wicking Fabric Babyville Boutique is now offering along with all their other perfectly coordinating accents like matching EZ Adjust Tape, Snaps, Labels and more. See all the fabulous options at BabyvilleBoutique.com.

 I was able to make a total of 24 pocket style cloth diapers and 2 diaper covers in sizes Newborn & Small, with prints for both tiny baby girls and tiny baby boys. TOO, TOO CUTE!!!! 
  This bright chevron print was one of my favorites paired with the coordinating Stay-Dri Wicking Fabric!

   
These are the 2 diaper covers that were super fast and easy to make using the FOE (fold-over elastic) trim. 

I'm sewing up some bibs, cloth wipes and will also be providing the inserts to go with the pocket diapers so they will be all set! My hope is that these will provide a financial relief to at least a couple of these young mothers as they adjust to life with their precious new babies. Cloth diapers really can be easy to use once you get the hang of them and it just doesn't get any cuter! :)

A very BIG and very WARM "Thank You!!!!" to Babyville Boutique for their support with this project!

Now....back to our FLUFF Drive Project sewing! ;)
Photobucket

6 comments:

Melissa said...

You are a complete inspiration Kristy!

Taylor said...

Those are adorable!

Pam @Threading My Way said...

Super cute nappy covers, Kristy. SO much nicer than the covers we used to use. I imagine the inserts are a definite improvement on the square towelling nappies, too.

Pam @Threading My Way said...

Hi Kristy, I've featured your nappy covers today...

Unknown said...

Hi I am new to sewing. And I am trying to make cloth diapers for my niece and am wondering if you have to use soakers with the stay-Sri wicking fabric from babyville. I brought the pull and Sri-dry wicking fabrics both from babyville along with the soakers and snaps and fold over elastic. Any advice from you would be greatly appreciated. My email is. minniesnape@yahoo.com
Thank you,
Karen r

Kristy said...

Hi Karen!
I'm happy to help!
Yes, you will need the soakers. The Stay-Dri fabric is only the lining of your diapers, the inner layer that touches baby's skin and allows moisture through to the soaker. The soaker does the work of holding the fluids. The Stay-Dri does as it's name suggests, and helps the baby's skin stay feeling dry as it wicks away the moisture. If you have the Babyville pattern book, Cloth Diapers Made Easy, it offers some great inspiration and sewing guidance.
Hope that helps! Please let me know if you have any further questions, and happy sewing!
Kristy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...